We will know the What is research problem? Criteria & Example. Detail information is available with with us.
What is research problem? Criteria & Example
A research problem is simply a question or issue that a researcher wants to understand or solve through a systematic investigation. Similarly, it is any situation where a gap exists between the actual and the desired ideal state. Hence, a research problem is often defined as heat of the research process.
It helps in the selection of research methods, data collection techniques, and data analysis methods that are appropriate for answering the research question. Moreover, it also allows for a systematic and structured approach to conducting the research.
Hence, the research problem serve as a roadmap for the research map.
Criteria of a Good Research Problem
Some of the important criteria are as follows
- Relevance: The research problem should be relevant to the field of study and address an important issue or question.
- Originality: The research problem should contribute new knowledge or information to the field and not duplicate existing studies.
- Feasibility: The research problem should be feasible to investigate using available resources and within a reasonable timeframe.
- Specificity: The research problem should be well defined and clearly stated, with a specific purpose and objectives.
- Ethical Soundness: The research problem selected should be met ethical consideration. It means a very important topic of research cannot be considered feasible unless it is accordance with the ethical guidelines.
- Current Issue: A good research problem must be based on the current problems and needs of the profession.
Hence, These criteria help ensure that the research problem is well-defined, important, and can be successfully addressed through a research study. Researcher is responsible to look after the criteria of good research problem.
Following are the examples:
- What is the impact of social media on adolescent mental health?
- What is the relationship between climate change and species extinction?
- Can we get the gap in the market that we can exploit?
- Finding out the ways to increase efficiency.
Other Important Links:
a. BBS 4th year all subject notes: CLICK HERE