We will look after the What is Literature review? Importance in detail. We will collect more information about literature review.
- Meanings of literature review
- Importance of literature review
- Steps in the literature review
- Types of literature review
What is Literature review? Importance
A literature review is a summary and analysis of current knowledge about a particular topic or areas of inquiry. In other words, the analysis of previous studies for knowing the research in detail is known as literature review.
It provides a summary, classification, comparison, and evaluation of previous research, with the purpose of identifying gaps and suggesting future directions for research. The literature review serves as a background for a new research project, helping to establish its significance, context, and relationship to previous work in the field.
Hence, a literature review is a crucial component of any research project, providing the foundation for the new study and helping to establish its context and significance within the field.
Importance/ Essentials/ Uses/ purpose of Literature Review
Following is the importance of literature review
- Identifying gaps in the research: A literature review helps to identify gaps in existing knowledge and to determine areas where further research is needed.
- Establishing the significance of the research: By reviewing previous research on the topic, a literature review helps to establish the significance and relevance of the new study.
- Informing research design and methodology: A comprehensive literature review provides the basis for informed decision-making in the design and methodology of a new study.
- To develop theoretical framework: One of the most important part of literature review is that it provides base for developing a detailed theoretical framework. It further helps in formulation of hypothesis.
- To update on current issues: A literature review is instrumental in findings out the empirical or theoretical issues of a particular area of research. These issues are constantly changing due to the dynamism in environment. These current issues come into the sight of researcher through literature review.
- Supporting the validity of the research: By establishing the context and background of the research, a literature review helps to support the validity of the study and its conclusions.
- Providing a basis for comparison: A literature review allows researchers to compare their findings with those of previous studies. To determine similarities and differences and to identify areas for future research.
Hence, these are the importance of literature review.
Steps in the literature Review
Literature review is a systematic process of identifying published and published work from secondary data sources on the topic of research. Following is the steps in the literature review
- Identification of sources.
- Searching for literature.
- Reading and evaluating the literature.
- Documenting the literature review.
Hence, these are the steps in the literature review.
Types of Literature
The major types of literature are:
a. Primary Literature.
Primary Literature refers to a set of unpublished research, private correspondence and conference proceedings.
b. Secondary Literature.
Secondary Literature refers to the set of published books, articles, journals, magazine, etc.
c. Tertiary Literature.
Tertiary Literature is basically is a gateway to secondary source. It includes encyclopedias, dictionaries, citation indexes, catalogues, web-based portals and databases.
Other Important Links:
a. BBS 4th year all subjects notes: CLICK HERE