We will look Model Question Answer of Business Communication.
Full Marks: 100
Pass Mark: 35
Time: 3 hours
Model Question Answer of Business Communication
Candidates are expected to answer the questions in their own words as far as practicable. The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Group A (15*2 : 30)
1. Answer any two of the following:
a. Think about your country over the past five years, what it is like now, and how it might change in the next five years. Include the following topics in your essay.
- lifestyles and the standard of living
- the economy
- the government
- relations with other countries.
b. Report the various stages of a labor dispute, from early discontent through to a satisfactory solution.
c. Write, giving reasons, what would you do in the following situation? you have a brilliant idea which you tell your colleagues. One of these colleagues presents your idea to your boss without acknowledging that it was your idea.
Give instructions for someone who is going to look after your garden or your pet. The instructions and explanations should be clear and simple, and they should take into account different circumstances that might arise. Also, write a suitable introduction and a suitable conclusion.
2. Answer any five of the following. (10*5 = 50)
a) Write about a supermarket that you know well. Include some facts about the company and details of any recent trends and changes.
b. Rewrite these sentences to make them more concise.
i. It is necessary that you take every precaution when preparing to bungee jumping.
ii. An examination of the accident area was made by the police.
iii. It is not impossible that he could have done it.
iv. Helping the reader to understand what has been written is basically pretty important.
v. Achieving a high level of precision when writing is a skill that takes time to acquire.
i. Take care when preparing to bungee jump.
ii. The police examined the accident area.
iii. He could have done it.
iv. Helping the reader to understand is important.
v. Writing precisely takes time.
c) How far do differences in behavior relate to national characteristics?
d) Write a letter to your friend explaining why you and your family cannot accept an invitation.
e) Write a paragraph on how to make coffee or tea.
f. Write a memo to all the staff of a large company, suggesting ways of economizing on the use of paper and electricity in the office.
3. Answer any TEN of the following (2*10=20)
a) Complete the sentence
- If it hadn’t rained, more people ………
- If you work hard, you …….. a promotion.
- would have attended in the programme
- will get
b) Write two sentences expressing appreciation.
- I just wanted to thank you for all your hard work.
- I really appreciate what you did to make the program successful.
c) Complete the sentences using appropriate linking words.
- You could pay by direct debit. …….. the payment can be made by cash.
- It is six weeks since we put in our order. …….. we receive the goods by the end of this week, we will be forced to cancel.
d) Complete the sentences with one of the words in brackets.
- Could you tell me how to get to your office? (actually, possibly)
- I wanted to ask you a couple of things. (just, possibly)
e) Match the words brand and image with the definitions below.
- A type of product or group of products sold using a particular name, which is often the name of the company that produces them.
- The impression that a person, an organization, or a product, etc gives to the people or to the people.
f) Decide which countries you are going to visit and write down the itinerary/schedule for the week.
I have decided to visit Japan and Australia for the musical programs. I along with the musical band and guest musicians have decided to attend for a one-week event. The itinerary of the week is mentioned below:
Itinerary: Artist group goes to Japan and Australia
|Sun 5 January||Fly to Japan|
Japan welcome reception
|Mon 6 January||Perform musical program ( concert )|
Japan international Stadium
|Tue 7 January||Meeting local bans and musicians|
|Wed 8 January||Rest Day: Meeting Nepali people in the local park|
|Thu 9 January||Fly to Australia- welcome and rest|
|Fri 10 January||Perform a mega concert for three hours|
|Sat 11 January||– Visiting Nepalese Singers and Native Musicians|
– Visiting concerts and Theaters.
– Taking rest
g) Change the following into reported speech
” You walk straight down this road until you get to a big church on the left,” said Angela. Then you turn right, walk along for about a hundred yards, and you’ll see the post office on the left.”
Angela explained (me) how to get to the post office.
h) Put in an apostrophe where one is necessary in the following sentences.
- Johns brothers wife went to the grocers for us.
- This car cant be my parent because theirs is quite old.
- John’s brother’s wife went to the grocer’s for us.
- This car can’t be my parents’ because theirs is quite old.
i) Put an appropriate word or phrase in the following sentence to bring out the relationship between the parts.
- Late at night buses and trains can be dangerous. ……… if you want to avoid trouble, take a taxi.
- The tour will include visits to several places of interest, ……….. the Patan Museum and the Krishna Temple.
- In other words
- For instance/ for example
j) Put the following sentences in the right order
- To start with, make sure that everything is switched off.
- It is also a good idea at this point to check that the gas cylinder isn’t empty.
- Lighting a Calor gas heater is easy and safe if you follow these simple instructions.
- Now, turn the tap on the top of the gas cylinder to ON.
Answer : 3, 1, 2, and 4
k) Suggest suitable punctuation for the following sentences.
- The garden was decorated with colored lamps the house itself was adorned with paper chains.
- They made two important decisions the oldest houses would be pulled down the more recent ones would be repaired
- The garden was decorated with colored lamps; the house itself was adorned with paper chains.
- They made two important decisions: the oldest houses would be pulled down; the more recent ones would be repaired.
l) Complete the following passages using the words and phrases given.
1) …… the film we meet a young man who is obviously unhappy. We follow the man through various experiences which gradually change his picture of himself, although 2) ……. they do not make him happier. But 3) …. he meets a young girl, and he falls in love with her. Unfortunately, I can’t tell you what happens right 4) …… because I fell asleep before it finished.
- In the beginning of, First in, At the beginning of, At first in
- Firstly, at the beginning, at first
- at the end, lastly, at last
- at last, finally, at the end
- At the beginning of
- At first
- At last
- At the end
Hence, these are the Model Question Answer of Business Communication.
Other Important Links:
Job Vacancy in Nepal: CLICK HERE