We have What is Business Communication Meaning and Importance.
Read More: Elements of Effective Communication: CLICK HERE
Business Communication Meaning and Importance
Meaning of Business Communication
Business Communication is the process of sharing information between people within the workplace. Similarly, communication can be defined as giving, receiving, or exchanging information, opinions, or ideas by writing speech, or visual means.
Definitions from different Personalities:
“Communication is the process of passing information and undersatnding from one person to another.”
Newman and Summer
” Communication is aa exchange of afcts, ideas, opinions or emotions by two or more persons.”
Communication is a process of transferring information and meaning between senders and receivers, using one or more written, oral, visual, or electronic channels.”
Communication is the interchanging of thoughts, opinions, or information by speech, writing, or signs.
Nature of Business Communication
The following are the nature of business communication:
- It is a process.
- It is inevitable.
- Meaning Based.
- Two-way traffic.
- Mutual Understanding
- A dynamic and continuous process.
- Influencing human behavior.
- It is contextual.
- Needs proper understanding.
- It is all-pervasive.
The objective of Business Communication
The following are the objectives of business communication.
- To inform the objectives, goals, and policies of a business organization.
- To provide training and education to employees.
- To make simple and effective means in the decision-making process through different information, facts, and figures.
- To promote understanding and clarity among employees.
- To build and maintain positive relationships with customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
- To solve some problems and challenges of the concern through effective and reliable role of communication.
Importance of Business Communication
Following are the importance of Business Communication.
- To build and maintain productive relationships.
- To facilitate Innovation.
- To build an effective team.
- To improve employee engagement.
- To increase the employee productivity.
- To improve inter-departmental communications.
- To reduce the employee turnover.
- To improve the employee satisfaction and retention.
- To build a strong company culture.
- To promote the Company.
- To ensure transparency.
Hence, these are the Business Communication Meaning and Importance.
Other Important Links:
a. 7 C’s of Effective Communication: CLICK HERE