We will know about, What is the money market?
The market for short-term financial assets which have a maturity period of less than one year is known as Money Market. Bills of exchange, treasury bills, certificates of deposits, commercial papers, etc are the credit instruments of markets.
- The market for short-term financial assets.
- The maturity period of a credit instrument is less than one year.
- Bills of exchange, treasury bills, etc are examples.
- Central banks, commercial banks, brokers, and dealers are the institutions for the money market.
- The degree of risk is low because the maturity period is less than one year.
It is the best source to invest in liquid assets.